Wednesday, February 4, 2009

whats the matter mary jane?

i absolutly love my government class. the professor is completly crazy. I never know whats gonna come out of the mans mouth. Anyway, today we talked about the legalization of marijuana. I would like to rant on what we leared today.

I would like to start off by saying that at one point and time I was anti-weed. I was never gonna try it. Well, thanks to dizzy i tried it and LOVED ITTT! I am now an official pot head lol. I own my own pipe and birdboy keeps us supplied with the weed. I have never been happier. Sometimes when we are stoned I think to myself, damn these are the moments that I will remember forever. Not to mention i am a way better student stoned. I can sit down and write a three page paper in no time with the help of mary jane. ok but back to what i learned in government.

40,000 people die every year from tobacco.
30,000 people die every year from second hand smoke
more that 50,000 people die every year due to alcohol.
30 people die a year due to toilets!
less than 5 people die a year because of weed.

you heard me right. you are more likely to either get out of the shower, fall and hit you head on the toilet or pass out drunk and drown in toilet water than you are to die from weed. and get this. there are some alcohols out there that if you took a shot a minute you would be dead in 15 minutes. you would literally have to smoke a ton of weed to die. We also learned that in the state of Texas a prison hold 96 prisoners out of 100 beds. Everytime we send somebody to jail for selling or possesing weed then they have to let somebody out to have a bed open. 95% percent of the time its a violent crime offender or sex offender. They would rather let somebody who is dangerous to the public out of jail to put somebody who honestly, did nothing wrong. I agree that weed is/could be a gateway drug but its all about knowing your limits. There are somethings out there I would like to try, and may someday buttttttttt I know my limits and I know when to stop. also, just think if they did legalize it they could tax it. maybe that would give us some more money for the 10.6 trillion dollars we arein debt.

just a little something for you to think about. =]

2 comments:

mw/4c said...

Great Post my friend!!!

420 + Legal = Peace!

Anonymous said...

Have you ever seen the comedy act of Katt Williams "The Pimp Chronicles Pt. 1"? He gives a great prespective on weed. Reminding us all that it's just a plant that grows and if you should happen to set it on fire, then there are some side effects!