Tuesday, August 4, 2009

a fork in the road.

my senior year of high school I had seven class periods. four out of the seven teachers were born and raised in my small west texas town. this facinated me, so I asked why they were still there. every single one of them gave me the same answer. once your a small town kid your always a small town kid. from that day forward I promised myself that I was different. I was never a small town kid. of course going to college, I moved to the smallest city I could find right in the middle of the bible belt. not to mention it was only an hours drive from home. in four short days im finally getting out! im moving out of the bible belt to a much bigger city six hours from home. I have never been so scared in my life. my therapist told me that its the things in life that scare us the most that are the most worth it. of course me being this scared only proves that I actually was a small town kid. I am bout to purposely and completely put my life in a different direction. will I be happy with the choice? only time will tell.

1 comment:

mw/4c said...

I grew up in a small town, loved it. Moved to the big city, love it, but 11 yrs later am planning on going back.

I think we all go through times where change and new direction are needed, and they help mold what our life will be, but it doesn't mean once that stage is over that you won't desire the similairity of your origins.

Good luck my friend.